Revit is the most trusted and widely used software for building design and construction. Specially built for BIM, construction professionals and empowering designs, Revit receive ideas from concept of the construction to the final construction with a well coordinated reliable model based approach. It is most preferred software as it includes features suitable for architectural design, MEP and structural engineering and construction.
The new improved Revit 2014 has several advantages that enhance the workflow and helps in precise designing in prompt way. The new features of Revit 2014, that makes it the most favored software, are mentioned below :-
- Dockable Windows Framework & Enhancements- Revit 2014 allows the user to dock each window to accumulate them as tabs at the bottom of the dialog windows. This improved window framework structure helps user who use laptops or have limited screen space.
- Displaced Views- Through this feature, which works in 3D views, user can rip apart the model as an exploded view. Any displacement of component is effected in that view only and not the entire model.
- Non rectangular crop regions- The non- rectangular viewpoints in Revit 2014 allow view crop regions and callouts. Using Revit sketching tools, users can customize the shape of the crop region effortlessly. This feature works on any crop region like ceilings plans, plans, elevations, sections, detail and section callout views.
- Room Calculation Point- Room Calculation Point allows families that are placed in a project to know where they belong. Through this feature the user can move the location of the calculation point to the required space within a model so that element knows where it belongs to and report the same while scheduling.
- Improved Material UI- Material UI has been improved as everything is clearer and obvious in a tabbed layout dialog. Material browser and editing are merged into one single common dialog and it is now easier to navigate hence making materials simple to locate and select. This makes the workflow hassle free and less confusing.
- Selection enhancements- Four new selection options have been introduced. These selection options can be accessed either via the modify tool or the status bar. Each option comes with active and inactive sates.
- Temporary View Templates- Improved Temporary View Properties can be accessed from the view control bar. This basically reduces the requirement for working views. Different view templates created can be switched and once the work is done, the user can select the reset feature to return to the original state of view.
- Schedules- Schedules offer the access to data which are not accessible through traditional CAD drafting approaches. You can now schedule detail items, architectural columns, entourage, grids, levels, pads, generic models, roof soffits, structural area reinforcement, structural beam systems, structural fabric area and structural path reinforcement.
- Multi Selection- Bring To Front & Send To Back- The proper implementation of the “bring to front and send to back” ward tool is a crucial enhancement. When multiple elements are selected, you can reorder them properly.
- Stairs & Railings- Split Elevations- With Revit 2014, component stairs can be developed better with some tweaks to the railing. There has been improvement in how a stair joins a floor or slab.
- Double click to edit- Revit 2014 includes the feature of editing just by double clicking. The double click option can also be customized.
- Point Clouds.
- View navigation performance.
- Split Elevations.
For smoother operation, Revit 2014 is offered with various structural improvements such as :-
- Structural Analytical Model Improvements.
- Rebar Constraints.
- Rebar Length Calculation for UK Shapes.
- Enhanced Rebar Shapes.
- Welded Wire Mesh Constraints.
- Multi-Reference Annotations.
- Reinforcement Rounding.
The different MEP improvements that are incorporated in Revit 2014 are as
- Air Terminals on Duct - Ability to place Air Terminal families directly on Duct segments.
- CSV File Removal- Ability to embed CSV data into a family.
- Plumbing Template.
- Divide System.
- Cap Open Ends.
- Angle Constraints.
Available with an enhanced Building Performance Analysis, Revit 2014 offers :-
- Energy Analysis for Architectural Building Elements - Ability to automatically generate an Energy Analysis Model from a typical Revit model made of architectural building elements.
- GBS Analysis App Feature.